Agencies you can contact for assistance
Many families may find it tough going back into Alert Level 4. It can be challenging having children at home, being cut off from family and friends, trying to making ends meet and have high stress levels. Remember that you can reach out to others in your church family either directly through phone calls to friends or small group members or via the office ((03) 578 3909 or email@example.com)
For people with disabilities or autism and their support people, the Explore 0800 000421 phone service available to provide advice or support. This includes advice or support around challenging behaviours. To access this service, you don’t need a referral and it doesn’t matter whether you’re new to Explore, currently on their waitlist or you’ve worked with them previously. The service is available Monday to Friday 9.00am–5.00pm. When you phone the 0800 number you will be connected with an administrator who will then book you an appointment with one of the specialists.
If you or anyone you know wants some advice or support over this time here are some further options that might be useful.
Support services that remain open:
- Women’s Refuge 0800REFUGE or 0800 733 843
- Shine 0508 744 633
- Alcohol and Drug Helpline 0800 787 797
- Oranga Tamariki call centre 0508FAMILY
- CADS 0800 367 222
- Narcotics Anonymous 0800 628 632
- Alcoholics Anonymous 0800 229 6757
- Lifeline 0800 543 354 or free text 4357
- Youthline 0800 376 633 or free text 234
- Samaritans 0800 726 666
- Outline (LGBT) 0800 688 5463
- Depression Helpline 0800 111 757
- Suicide Prevention Helpline 0508 828 865
- The Fono West (Social Services) 09 837 1780
- Counselling Free Call or Text 1737
- Healthline for COVID-19 health advice: 0800 358 5453
If you need some assistance with food the food banks may be able to help Marlborough 03 578 0862 or via the Nativity office. Call first for instructions of how they are operating to ensure physical distancing:
If you know someone who needs financial assistance, please tell him/her to call the free government helpline 0800 779 997 (8am–1am, seven days a week).
If you know someone is feeling anxious, frustrated or needs a listening ear, they can call or text 1737 to talk with a trained counsellor. It is free 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
COVID information for Pacific communities
Key information on COVID-19 is available in nine Pacific languages on the Ministry for Pacific Peoples website.