“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” John 1:1
God our most Holy Friend, through your Son Jesus you call us together and send us out as a new family, formed around you. Give us revelation and courage to live out the mystery of our faith and so make known the wisdom of God in the heavenly places, In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.
- Deuteronomy 32:45-47
- 2 Timothy 3:14-17
- John 1:1-5
Please note that this recording finishes at the end of communion for this service.
- The Christian life has been called a paradoxical existence. For example, Paul the Apostle was a prisoner but talks about being seated with Christ. Discuss ways in which you agree or disagree with that statement.
- Discuss ways in which you experience paradox in your faith
- What is the reason Paul bows his knee in prayer for the Ephesus church?
- Paul prays that Christ may dwell in our hearts by faith. We described this on Sunday as an empowering relationship - in what ways might we experience that in our lives?
- Just before his arrest and crucifixion, Jesus prayed, “Abba, Father, for you all things are possible; remove this cup from me; yet, not what I want, but what you want.” In his prayer, Jesus held together reality, the promises of the scriptures and God's unfolding story - in what ways might we do the same in our prayer life?