- Deuteronomy 32:45-47
- 2 Timothy 3:14-17
- John 1:1-5
- The Christian life has been called a paradoxical existence. For example, Paul the Apostle was a prisoner but talks about being seated with Christ. Discuss ways in which you agree or disagree with that statement.
- Discuss ways in which you experience paradox in your faith
- What is the reason Paul bows his knee in prayer for the Ephesus church?
- Paul prays that Christ may dwell in our hearts by faith. We described this on Sunday as an empowering relationship - in what ways might we experience that in our lives?
- Just before his arrest and crucifixion, Jesus prayed, “Abba, Father, for you all things are possible; remove this cup from me; yet, not what I want, but what you want.” In his prayer, Jesus held together reality, the promises of the scriptures and God's unfolding story - in what ways might we do the same in our prayer life?