- What might a fair comparison and contrast between modern notions of “hope” and a biblical one produce in our Christian life and expression?
- What nuances of the Christian hope may be gained from reading and meditating upon the continual theme through Romans? (See – Romans 4:18; 5:1-5; 8:20-25; 12:12; 15:4, 12-13)
- Is it fair to contend that our deepest and most intimate experiences of God are infused with some aspect of hope through suffering?
- When was the last time you articulated the Christian hope? To whom and in what context?
- As one student once asked me, “Is it possible to have hope without some element of suffering?” Discuss!
- Trace the deepening effect of Christian hope on the believer as per the passage in Romans 5:1-5 and ask when was the last time you actually saw this in action?
- What have I learned of the Christian hope from Scripture, and the Church across the globe and how do I maintain it in daily life?