1. What is your happiest childhood memory of being together? How did this experience make you feel?
2. Have you ever been uncomfortable around someone because of their appearance or background yet later became friends? Tell of your experience.
Read Romans 12:3-16
3. How does “ belonging to each other” run counter to our cultural conditioning?
4 The passage mentions several ways we live our belonging to each other and supporting each other. How many can you find?
5. In this passage Paul moved back and forth between talking about our conduct inside the family and our conduct outside it. How does consistently practicing being authentic family together train us for mission together?
6. Imagine yourself an outsider looking in on a family living by these values. What would you be thinking and feeling?
7. What is our biggest challenge to putting this passage into practice for ourselves?
8. What is the one thing this group can do to enrich our experience of a family together?