- Have you ever been in a team that worked together to achieve something special? How did that make you feel?
Read Ephesians 4:1-16
- Verse 1 exhorts us to lead a life worth of our calling. What is our calling? What Scriptures can you think of that relate to our calling?
- Verses 2-7 are about nurturing and protecting the church family. How is this related to us fulfilling our calling?
- Verse 8 points out that God has given gifts to His people. What gifts are mentioned and what is their purpose according to verses 11-13? What is your God-ordained role in the church family?
- What is described in verses 14-16 is a church family discipling each other. What aspects of discipleship can you see in these verses?
- Verse 16 sums up the passage by telling us that this is how the church grows. Are you experiencing the body growing spiritually and numerically? Can you see the part you are meant to play?
- When others say “ I can be a Christian without going to church”, they are really saying that personal salvation is the important thing and being a part of a church family is optional. How would you respond?
- How can we be accountable to each other about the part we are playing in the mission of our church family?