Invitation to all Anglicans in the Marlborough Deanery:
Zoom is an online communications application very similar to Skype, and allows people to connect through their computer, tablet or smart phone to a group video meeting.
Ideally you will need a device with a camera and microphone, however, if you don't have a camera we just see your name, not you.
If you have a microphone you can talk and prayer with us. If you don't have a microphone, you can still join the Zoom call and listen in. There is also a text chat function that you can use.
How do I join?
Or enter this Meeting ID from your Zoom application: 430 579 292
Some tips for using Zoom
- You can use the above link at any time to check if your device is working on Zoom - check with plenty of time before the meeting.
- When you are connecting a pop-up box appears asking you to 'Join with Audio', this box also has the option of testing your speaker and microphone.
- Zoom automatically focuses on the person speaking - if more than one person speaks at once Zoom doesn't know which audio to prioritise and will often cancel one or both.
- Remember you have a 'Mute' button, it helps everyone if you mute yourself when not talking. Computer microphones pick up background noises and Zoom will think you are talking.
- Don't forget the chat feature - you can talk to someone with this feature if another conversation is taking place.