Notes from Vestry Meeting held 17th March 2021
Brief notes from Vestry meetings will be provided in the pew sheet each month. Full Vestry minutes will be in the church foyer as soon as confirmed and signed after meetings.
Keith Buck, Ellen Shaw, Rachel Powell, Hamish Harper (Synod Rep), Jennifer Bennett-Burrows (People’s Warden), Kate Bristed (Synod Rep) Dion Mundy, Rev. Glen Ashworth (Vicar), Pauline Tisch, Conway Taylor, Stephen Sheat (Vicar’s Warden), John Ealand (Synod Rep).
First meeting with new Vestry since the AGM.
Meeting notes in brief . . .
- Update brief from the Building Committee was given. A video graphic is being prepared for presentation to Vestry and the Parish. Hope to be completed within the next few weeks;
- One care cell has been faithfully collecting a donation every week from their members for the building development. Vestry expressed thanks and acknowledgement to this group;
- Staff annual performance reviews have been conducted.
- Barnies roof has been painted and spouting replaced.
- Woodshed has been constructed for the Vicarage;
- Nativity properties currently rented are being reviewed to ensure they meet requirements as Healthy Homes;
- A Regional Health and Safety Facilitator appointment is being considered;
- A review of portfolios/committees was carried out. These include Building Committee, Finance, Property/Maintenance, Ministries and Missions, Health and Safety, Fun and Fundraising.
These operate as sub committees and some include non-vestry participation. Full planning details can be seen in the meeting minutes.
- Glen gave a verbal report of his activities which included a number of community introduction visits.
- Safe Here training is being conducted – this training is mandatory for all people working in ministries with children and vulnerable adults.
- Vestry have asked for all parishioners to self-identify if they are trained or qualified in first aid or any other Health and Safety areas.
It is proposed that a mission update will be reported each month. This will include (whenever possible) information about the activities and situations of the Tuckers, Corins and Hughes families.
Local community missions and NZ Church Missionary Society (NZCMS) activities will also be reported as they occur.