Our thoughts and prayer are with each of you as we negotiate our way through this new normal with the National lockdown about to fully take effect.
As you might expect, all service and courses at Nativity are cancelled for the next 4 weeks or until further notice, and there will also be no-one in the office. Phone and e-mail messages will still be checked most (if not every) day and the prayer chain will continue, so if you have any prayer needs please contact the office or Jane Sheat or Raewyn Parkes directly.
Please do keep giving. We do still have regular running costs for the church, including the staff who will be busy working from home over this time.
KEEPING IN TOUCH
Here are some suggestions for worship and keeping in touch over the next few weeks:
- See our WEBSITE www.nativity.org.nz for updates and recordings of sermons from the current and previous weeks
- If you are on FACEBOOK please join our members' page: Church of the Nativity
- Care cells and SMALL GROUPS such as AAW, and ministry teams such as the music team, flower ladies, choir and CANVAS are expected to keep in touch with each other from a distance. Please do try to phone or message each other regularly and offer help if needed. For extra assistance please contact the office and we will endeavour to organize help. Those that are not in one of these groups should be included in a phone call group.
If you are not contacted by someone by next week please let the office know firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check that we have the correct contact details for you and/or add you to a group.
- If you are unable to access our ONLINE SUNDAY SERVICES (these will include prayer, a sermon and notices), you may like to watch a speaker on Shine TV. We would recommend Charles Stanley or David Jeremiah. We will be advising you with further information on how to link in with our regular service later this week.
- ABIDE - a Christian guided meditation and daily prayers recommended by a parishioner now living in Hong Kong and living in lockdown now for 7 weeks https://abide.is/awesome?ref=ios
- KAHOOT QUIZ - written weekly by Peter Olliver - just click on the link and have a go: https://kahoot.it/challenge/bde952ba-4182-421f-87f4-431c8803b7e7_1584907507751
- Utilise the HOLY WEEK PRAYER AND FASTING RESOURCE from the Nelson Diocese (see attached)
- The Council and Civil defence will be providing SPECIAL HELPLINES for those who are in need. The following link should give you all of the latest local information: https://www.marlborough.govt.nz/civil-defence-emergency-management/covid-19-novel-coronavirus. Our church and the diocese will also be posting regular updates!
Covid-19 (Novel Coronavirus) - Marlborough District Council
- As a unitary authority, Marlborough District Council has the functions, duties and powers of both a territorial authority and a regional council. www.marlborough.govt.nz
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Nativity Anglican Church